Mahjong is a four-player game sometimes called "Asian poker".
Here are some slides (PDF) with a gentle introduction.
Autotable is an online platform for playing Mahjong with other people. It's more a simulator than a game. Read the about page for more information.
Minefield Mahjong is a two-player game I made with some friends. It's also available on Github if you want to play with the code.
See also the poster (PDF) describing the implementation!
Great for practice. There is also a bamboo-only version if you want to practice complicated waits.
- EMA Riichi rules 2016 - includes a scoring cheatsheet at the end
- Polish cheatsheet - from 2013
- Barticle's Guide - a very complete guide
- Mahjong tools (available on my Github):
- House rules generator (in Polish) - customized house rules for Riichi Mahjong. Select your own and print.
- Hand generator - useful for making all kinds of graphics. Just copy or download the generated picture.
- Zung Jung rules overview (in Polish and English) - a handy table with scoring rules for the Zung Jung variation. My favourite variation is Japanese Riichi, but I consider Zung Jung to be a great teaching tool.
- Tile cheatsheet (in Polish) - a reference card with tiles, types of melds, and calls. Tile graphics taken from martinpersson.org.
- Wind directions (PDF) - to put in the center of a mahjong table
- "Wycinanki" (fragment o mahjongu) (in Polish) - Kornel Makuszyński writing about mahjong in 1928